Anthony Steven's WebLog

Ini Blog simple, isinya tentang hidup g yang simple.. yah moga-moga aja gak terlalu simple, tp jangan keribetan juga, pusing.... ya GBU all!

Name:
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Thinker

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Details, detail, details

Well, if you pay attention to the title careful enough. You'll find that I didn't write "Details, details, details". Yup! the title is "Details, detail, details". Got the difference? But I'm quite sure that most of u readers didn't realize this, except if u are a person that pay attention to the details! Pheew....

Speaking about details, I've got to admit that this is my major weakness in my characters. Lack of details. For me, it is usual to get 50% job's done or 75% or even 95%. But to get 100% job's done... well.... it is quite hard :-)

Why? Again! Lack of details! Lack of... you know.... those little stuff that you didn't pay attention to in most of yout time. Uncritical ones, fortunately, but still... without it, there wouldn't be a 100% achievement.

For example, when I coded a simple java-based program for my artificial intelligence task. Well... (if I'm not mistaken), I've got a strong and good algorithm to finish my task already... But guess what? When I compiled the program

"javac program.java"

.
..
...

It works....!

When i start to execute it...

"java program 5 5" (5 5 is the parameters)

.
..
...

It contains logical error....!

Oh come on, I said to myself, it should have worked, the pseudocode is perfect, even I could debate this pseudo-code in front of my lecturers (over-estimating myself, I guess :-) ). Because there is nothing left to do, and the code can't fix itself. I start to do a little walkthrough on the program...

.
..
...

Aha! This is the line of error...

if(something){}
{do something}


Logically, the program should "do something", because the "something" given as a parameter has a "true" value...

Getting desperate, then I change the line into this...

if(true){}
{do something}


Now, it should do something, because the parameter is true! Okay, I compile it, run it.... aaaaargh

STILL THE SAME LOGICAL ERROR....

What's wrong??? After some times of desperation, finally I got the error source..

if(something) |{}|--> this is my error source!
{do something}


Another desperating moment because missing a simple detail...


So, for now, there are three things that I would try!

1. Never miss the details
2. Never ever miss the details
3. Come on will you?? Never ever EVER miss the details

:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home